1. After blow drying use the cool setting to set the hairstyle and add shine. Using your hands instead of a brush can help to prevent breakage.
2. Try using conditioner only on the ends of your hair, from the ears down. Your scalp provides oils to the top of your head and by not conditioning you will delay it from getting greasy faster.
3. Always use a heat protectant before styling hair. If you curl or straighten your hair after blowdrying you should use a heat protectant again. Find one that doesn’t weigh down your hair and don’t over do it. Brushing your hair will help distribute evenly.
4. Use a hair mask once a week to keep your hair healthy. If you are in a pinch for time use it in place of conditioner in the shower and leave it in while shaving and washing.
5. Avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet to avoid breakage. If you need to then use a wet brush or a wide tooth comb.
6. Don’t rub your hair with a towel after a shower. Try blotting it or using an old t-shirt instead. This will help to prevent frizz.
7. To help curls last longer pin each piece up with a bobby pin or hair clip. Keep them pinned until they cool and the curl will stay more defined for longer.
8. Wash your hair less to keep it healthy. Your natural oils will keep it healthy in between washes and you can use dry shampoo for when it looks greasy.
9. At the end of your shower use cold or cooler water for the last rinse before you get out. This will help seal your hair cuticle and add shine.
10. Lastly, drink lots and lots of water. Plenty of water helps your skin, hair and all around health.